General Terms & Conditions
- Please supply a current mobile number as reminder texts will be sent out a day in advance of your appointment.
- Payment is required on collection of your dog. No credit is given.
- Please ensure your dog has been walked and toileted before coming for their groom.
- Please keep your dog on a lead until safe and secure in the groom room
- Please ensure you arrive on time for your appointment time AND collection time. I work on a 1-1 basis with dogs to ensure a stress-free groom so arriving late / early can upset dogs on the table and make finishing a haircut extremely difficult.
- Arriving more than 15 minutes late for your appointment time will result in your appointment being rescheduled along with a fee being charged.
- A collection time will be agreed when you leave your dog at Bark Club. Please contact me if you are going to be late. Failure to collect your dog at the arranged time, or notify that you are going to be late, may incur a holding fee.
- Bark Club reserves the right to refuse to groom any dog that displays aggressive behaviour.
- I will not subject any dog to unacceptable levels of stress. If during the grooming process your dog finds any part too stressful that part will not be completed.
If you cannot keep your appointment please provide 48 hours notice
. Cancellations made under this will incur a fee. No shows will be obligated to pay full groom price of missed appointment unless extreme circumstances.
Cancellation fees must be paid before any further appointments are bookable.
Please note you must
inform me prior to your appointment if your dog is badly matted as I will need to book out a longer slot. De-matting / shaving down with a surgical blade is a very intricate process & it can be extremely stressful for the dog. It will take extra time, put a strain on my grooming equipment and blunt my blades so, therefore, will cost more. Extra fees vary depending on severity but can range between £5-25.
In accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 2006, I will never put a dog through the pain of trying to de-matt / brush out matting. I will always put humanity before vanity.
I reserve the right to perform a complete clip off if the matting is severe enough to cause the dog discomfort.
If a complete clip off needs to be undertaken, I will endeavour to notify the customer before doing so, however, if I cannot reach the customer and I believe the coat needs to be clipped off on welfare grounds I will proceed to shave off the coat.
I reserve the right to refuse to groom any dog I deem too severely matted to safely carry out a clip off and instead refer to a veterinary practice.
I will not be held responsible for any irritation, patchiness, abrasions or nicks that may arise from clipping a matted coat.